Healthy Meal Planning and Nutritional Support Services are our strong point to help you with your goals. We will help you achieve your goals, whether you want to lose body fat for a vacation or summer or get back into balance with your health.
Training and Nutrition go hand in hand, especially if you want to see fast, safe results. It’s been proven that weight training is extremely effective and healthy for women and men to help burn body fat and develop muscle tone.
We are available for motivational speaking in the areas of health and fitness and keeping you accountable to your goals.
Barbara Molyneaux, IFBB Professional – Personal Trainer, Nutritionist and Mind Shifter
My background was always in athletics. I was a competitive swimmer for years starting at the age of 4. I still hold the regional record that has not been broken yet for the 100 M Breaststroke, 1 min. .21 sec. June 26th 1985. Training like this for years, has led to the early development of my physique. I’ve played volleyball, soccer, basketball in high school and did track and field. I’m proud to be a natural athlete, and have just celebrated my win at the Natural Nationals for the International Events Qualifier for the World’s. I placed 1st in Figure Masters and Overall. I placed first in Figure class D (by height). With three medals and a beautiful trophy, I’m extremely happy that my hard work, poise and positive sportsmanship has worked in alignment with my goals.
I work hard every day to a better me. My goal is to educate people on the power of believing in themselves. I have been forced to learn a lot about myself as well as be creative in my endeavors and goals. I have discovered that if you want something bad enough that there is always a way to achieve your vision while maintaining integrity, morals and values. Because of the limited amount of space on the ships, I have also found that you learn a lot about people very quickly and that respect and decorum go a long way. It is these conditions that have helped me hone my strengths and weaknesses alike. I believe in treating people as you would want to be treated and that what you manifest to the world, the world will offer.
I come from the marine industry where I have experienced remote and isolated living for months at a time. During my 16 years at sea I have been forced to overcome many obstacles in my fitness and nutritional needs as well as needing to rise above the challenge of working on a moving and very dynamic platform. Working on a confined and unstable platform makes for personal life and working out a challenge to say the least. On the ships, I noticed the need for a healthier shipboard lifestyle, for myself and fellow crew members and embarked on a journey of improving the quality of lives through better nutritional awareness, physical challenges and a change of mindset. After working with various crews, I noticed that the moral of the ships changed. Learning new things became fun as they tested their limitations and challenged each other. People were getting along and were much happier, there were less injuries and self-confidence began to soar. Are you looking for this kind of change?
• Certified Personal Training Specialist canfitpro • GLPTI Personal Training Certified • CPR & First Aid Certified • 3 years Shipboard Crew Training in Physical Exercise & Nutrition
Competition Experience with WBFF
- 2010 WBFF 3rd place Figure Masters
- 2010 WBFF 2nd place Fitness Model
- 2012 WBFF 1st and Overall Figure earning WBFF PRO card
Competition Experience with OPA (Ontario Physique Association)
- 2011 Sudbury 2nd place Figure Tall Masters
- 2011 Sudbury 1st place Figure Tall Open
- 2013 Hamilton Natural Provincials 1st place Figure Tall Masters
- 2013 MIssissauga 1st place Figure E Open
- 2013 Mississauga 1st place Figure Tall Masters
- 2013 Toronto Provincials 1st place Figure E Open
- 2013 Toronto Provincials 1st place Figure Tall Masters
- 2013 London Natural Regional 1st place Figure Tall Masters
- 2013 London Natural Regional 1st place Overall Figure
- 2013 New Westminister CBBF National 6th place Figure Masters
- 2013 New Westminister CBBF Nationals 7th palce Figure E Open
- 2013 Hamilton Natural Provincials 1st place Figure E Open
- 2014 Edmonton CBBF Nationals 3rd place Figure Masters
- 2014 Edmonton CBBF Nationals 10th place Figure E
- 2014 Winnipeg CBBF Natural Nationals 1st place Figure Masters
- 2014 Laval CBBF Natural World Qualifier 3rd place Figure Tall
- 2015 Toronto Provincials 1st place Figure Masters
- 2015 Toronto Provincials 2nd place Figure E Opens
- 2015 Toronto Natural Nationals 2nd place Figure E Opens
- 2015 Toronto Natural Nationals 2nd place Figure Masters Tall
- 2015 Arnold Classic Amateur Champion 1st place Figure Masters Tall
- 2015 Arnold Classic Amateur Champion 1st place Figure E Opens
- 2016 Moncton, NB, IEQ Natural World Qualifier 1st place Figure Masters and Overall Masters, 1st place Figure class D. Barbara Molyneaux has now earned her IFBB Pro Card as Ms. Canada 2016
- 2016 IFBB Natural World’s in Santo Domingo for Body Fitness 7th place out of 22 Masters women.
- Next Show is her IFBB Pro Debut at the Toronto Pro Supershow 2017
Rob Lagana, Fitness Coach,
Elite Nutritionist, and Stress Reduction Therapist
Rob Lagana is a top male competitive bodybuilder who has achieved numerous athletic accomplishments during his career, notably placing 6th at the CBBF National Bodybuilding Championships and 2nd in the Masters division at the Ontario Provincial Championships and winning the overalls twice at Ottawa Bodybuilding Championships in the Open division, as well as winning the Overalls at the Neutron Sports and Fitness Canadian National Championships and 1st place in the Junior Ontario Championships.
In the future, Rob Lagana is shooting to accomplish even greater goals, including a title shot at his IFBB Pro Card and winning an IFBB Pro Card at the CBBF Bodybuilding Nationals. He would not succeed at his goals, and wouldn’t have had all of his
success to date, without his focus, competitive spirit, and work ethic. Currently, Coach Rob Lagana is breaking down and reshaping his physique to enter Men’s Classic Physique from his former Men’s Bodybuilding Open’s heavy weight category. Unlike today’s current bodybuilders, classic physique entails to develop a less muscular, yet athletic and aesthetically pleasing physique.
Perhaps the greatest learning experience that Rob Lagana has met, was living with ocular albinism. Several vision problems have occurred with ocular albinism and has left him legally blind. He really learned how to harness the deep energy it takes to be body / movement aware and through this energy has developed a healing ability which he then learned to use in practice with a Japanese healing system called Usui Reiki. Rob overcomes daily tasks and practices to complete his goals through determination, hard work and a positive mindset.
Rob Lagana also received his IFBB Nutrition certificate, S.M.A.R.T certificate from Dave Palumbo, PN Level 1 certificate from Precision Nutrition and LSF Life Solutions Foundation Whole Food Nutrition certificate. Rob Lagana also have 2 decades of experience in coaching clients for weight loss, wellness and contest prep.. He is
certificated through NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Besides his athletic and coaching experience, he is also a Reiki Master practitioner. Stress is the number one cause of inflammation of the body. This disrupts, cortisol, insulin, brain chemicals and much more.. Reiki has been a natural and effective way of reducing stress, which promotes overall healing in the body. Rob is also Poliquin Group Bio Signature Level 1 and 2 practitioner and treats his clients from all aspects of health and fitness.
As you can see, I’ve been in the game for a long time. I do this for the journey. Below is my up to date competition history in bodybuilding.
1994 OPA Ottawa Bodybuilding Championship – Junior Men open 1st place
1994 OPA Provincials Novice Junior Men open – 1st place
1995 OPA Eastern Ontario, Bodybuilding Light-Heavy 5th place
1995 OPA Ottawa Bodybuilding Championship – Light-Heavy 2nd place
1996 OPA Western Ontario, Bodybuilding – Light Heavy – 4th place
1997 OPA Ottawa Bodybuilding Championship – Heavyweight 1st place and Overall
1997 OPA Northern Bodybuilding Championships – Light-Heavy 1st place
1998 OPA Ontario Bodybuilding Championships – Light-Heavy 7th place
2005 Neutron Canadian Bodybuilding Naturals – Open 5’9″ to 5’11” 2nd place
2006 WNSO FAME 2006 Light Heavy Advanced – 7th place
2006 GNC MuscleMania Canada Open – 2nd place
2006 Neutron Canadian Bodybuilding Naturals – Opens 1st place and Overall
2012 OPA Ottawa Bodybuilding Championship – Opens Light Heavy 1st place and Overall
2013 OPA Provincials June 1st – Opens Light Heavy 11th place
2014 OPA Sudbury May 24 – Masters 3rd place
2015 OPA Toronto Provincial Championships June 5th – Masters 2nd place
2015 CBBF Nationals Bodybuilding Championships July 11th – Masters 6th place
2016 OPA Toronto Provincial Championships June 5th – Masters 5th place
2016 CBBF Nationals Bodybuilding Championships July 24th – Masters 15th place
2017 Next show will be the OPA Gala in November 2017 – new category Men’s Classic Physique
We are not only trainers but coaches.
The difference is that we offer our services to help the mind, body and spirit, not just the body. During your training with us, you will be experience safe and positive practices in our private training studio, located in Kanata, close to Stitsville and Barhven in the Ottawa area.
- Progress is never linear. We enforce good form over amount of weights used every time.
- When an exercise is too hard due to equipment or ability, we will always know when to use regressions during your workout.
- Our backgrounds in stage competitions imply that results are crucial to success. So, we do not obsess about functional movement training and provide a balance of exercises and practices to deliver maximum results.
- We do not just use machines in your training regime. We use all sorts of equipment, free weights, tubing etc.. to deliver maximum results.
- We don’t pretend to know the answer to every question. As great coaches we are aware of the limitations and gaps in our knowledge, and not afraid to hit the books and research in order to improve our understanding of a particular topic.
- In diagnosis of pain or injury, we point you in the right direction for further study, and refer you to experts when necessary. We work with RMTs, Chiropractors and M.Ds in different fields to help you.